… on a well marked course, with a clear focus on the market
• Intitation of a phase I PK study in healthy subjects.
• In 2022 the company decided to focus on the oncology asset VAL001 and spin-out the projects within respiratory diseases in a new company, Arcede Pharma AB.
• Phase IIa study with VAL001 fully enrolled. The results from the interim analysis of the phase IIa clinical data show a ten-percent increase in 1-year and 2-year survival. Orphan drug status issued for Europe in 2016 and the US in 2017.
• Excellent results reported from proof-of-conceptstudy in biological models using RESP3000. Patent for RESP3000 granted in South Africa and the US.
• In 2018 preparatory work including a clinical study protocol prior to approval by the Medical Products Agency for VAL001. Efforts were also made to identify appropriate partners prior to a
potential exit process.
• In 2018 the Company aimed to resume its proactive leadership role in the development of RESP1000 and to conclude the preclinical work prior to an expected phase I clinical study in Europe in 2018/2019.
• In 2012 Respiratorius acquired the shares in Valcuria AB, along with the VAL001 drug project. The acquisition was conducted on commercial terms based on scientific findings, in which experiments conducted using the VAL001 drug candidate demonstrated strong effects on human lymphoma cell lines (models for lymph node cancer).
• In 2013 the phase I study for VAL001 was successfully completed.
• In 2014, a Phase IIa study was initiated.
• License and development agreement for RESP1000 signed with Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
In 2012 Respiratorius acquired the shares in Valcuria AB, along with the VAL001 drug project, which demonstrated strong effects on human lymphoma cell lines. The strengthening and expansion of the Respiratorius project portfolio with a cancer project was a key component of the commercial foundation.
• RESP1000 was optimized and a substance from the series was chosen for preclinical development and future clinical development.
• In 2008 the Company discovered another new class of chemical sub- stances, RESP2000, which shows a potent bronchodilatory effect on human lung tissue at low concentrations.
• During the period the bronchodilatory effect of RESP2000 was also confirmed by an in vivoguinea pig model. A more detailed study of the mechanism of action of RESP2000 was also conducted.
• Knowledge of the RESP2000 mechanism of action enabled the Company to develop RESP3000, a compound series for improving cardiovascular diagnostics using PET imaging.
• Respiratorius was founded in 1999 to develop effective drugs to treat COPD and severe asthma, a therapeutic area still lacking in effective drugs.
• The Company produced the RESP1000 compound series, which has a new mechanism of action compared with existing drugs on the market. Tests showed that RESP1000 was significantly more effective than existing drugs at countering the underlying medical factors that cause bronchial problems.
Respiratorius AB (publ) develops candidate drugs with the goal of launching drugs to treat aggressive lymphoma (cancer).
Scheeletorget 1, 223 81 Lund, Sweden
+46 70 922 41 40